|Exhibitions Menu | Events Calendar | Art Bus Tours | Directions & Maps|
whimsical, wacky and wild
Top row: Marie Bergstedt, Myrna Tatar, Archana Rajguru Biswas, Rachel Major, Lou Roy.
The Corridor Galleries
Queen Elizabeth Park Community
and Cultural Centre
Main Festival Venue
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Sat. Oct 29 – Sun. Nov 27, 2016
Opening Reception: Sat. Oct 29, 2016 2 – 4 pm
Address: Queen Elizabeth Park
and Cultural Centre,
2302 Bridge Road,
Closest Intersection: Bridge Road & Third Line
Directions: Click Here
www: whimsical, wacky and wild
This show, celebrating the whimsical, wacky and wild demonstrates how fibre art can be simultaneously irreverent and serious, playful and eccentric, unique and familiar.
The Corridor Galleries at our main festival venue Queen Elizabeth Park Community and Cultural Centre provide a huge array of exhibition space. The work will be shown all over the building. Be sure not to miss the Gallery show Cosmic Geometry.
- Canada: Alberta: Red Deer: Matt Gould, Ontario: Mississauga: Madzia McCutcheon.
- China: Hong Kong: Evelyna Liang Kan.
- France: Bretagne: Le Quillio: Lou Roy.
- India: Hyderabad: Archana Rajguru Biswas.
- Netherlands: Spaarndam: Mathilde Renes, Waalre: Mirjam Pet-Jacobs.
- South Africa: Gauteng: Soweto: Lerato Motau.
- USA: California: Albany: Suzanna Klein, San Francisco: Marie Bergstedt, Myrna Tatar, Rachel Major.
The Corridor Galleries at Queen Elizabeth Park Community and Cultural Centre
Oakville's wonderful cultural centre which opened in 2012 and hosted the Myth Making and Variegated Threads exhibitions for Festival 2012. The exhibition space was considerably expanded and for Festival 2014 we had displays throughout this entire large venue. Festival 2016 will again be showing throughout the building. Be sure not to miss the Gallery show and the other group shows in the Display Area and Corridor Galleries.
Gallery Liaisons: Tonia Di Risio and Dianne Pearce.
Some of the Corridor Galleries at Queen Elizabeth Park Community and Cultural Centre in Oakville, Ontario.